WE ARE HIRING - 30 hour Part-time Sales Assistants - Join Our Growing Team
We are three things; a design studio, a wholesaler and a store.
Third Drawer Down stores are independent concept destinations that curate objects from around the world, interpreting the traditional museum or gallery store into a new, unique experience. Since 2003, we’ve taken big steps in many directions. Some know us as stores that sell eccentric or hard to find objects. Others know us as a wholesaler and design studio that produce artist-licensed objects and bespoke ranges for cultural institutions.
Over the last 12 years our studio has collaborated with over 150 contemporary artists to create licensed objects for everyday use. Some of our collaborations thus far include Louise Bourgeois, Ai Weiwei and David Shrigley. Our extensive range of licensed objects are available in leading design and museum stores around the world.
We are looking for an energetic, art/design savvy, customer orientated and motivated sales-person to join our team.
In this role you will:
- Build rapport and relationship with our customers and show them the many aspects of our brand - the collections and collaborations with artists and also the curated range of products in our stores.
- Create excitement and inspire moments of joy around Third Drawer Down - give each customer a special experience. Share unique product knowledge about the artists and museums we collaborate with
- Constantly refresh and replenish products in our stores - helping to create a beautiful, welcoming space in our showrooms.
- Customer relations - help grow our brand by giving both online, phone and in-store excellent service and anticipate the needs of our industry-related, design savvy customers
- Exceed sales targets
- Open and close either our Fitzroy and Prahran stores, help out with tasks as needed ie: emails, phone calls, counting, packing stock or anything else that comes your way that day.
We are seeking the right person with these skills and experience:
- 2 + years in the design/art/home-ware retail sector or similar
- Ability to deliver great customer service on a constant basis and build relationships with our customers/clients.
- Have a passion for art / design and what we do - and be able to extend that to our customers
- Computer savvy - knowledge of both Vend and Shopify is a plus
- Ability to deliver on set outcomes and targets
- Elevated sense of personal style
- Be a born multi-tasker, fast paced and have a go-getting panache!!
- Be proactive - bring new ideas to Third Drawer Down
- Have a strong work ethic, and remain cool under situations of stress
If this sounds like you:
Send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’d like to work with us at Third Drawer Down, with any additional information about yourself you’d like us to know.
Exceptional team players will be contacted for interviews